Home > VAT > New VAT + DuPont Teflon FEP Film

New VAT + DuPont Teflon FEP Film

December 11th, 2011

Time to marry these two together.

For now I’m just folding the film in place.

I used some clips and an old ruler to cut two pieces 95mm in length:

and stretched the Teflon Film on top of the glass. It kind of clings to the glass by itself.

Just secured it on two opposite sides:

That is it for now… Later!

Categories: VAT Tags: , ,
  1. Brian Stott
    February 9th, 2012 at 01:13 | #1

Say, did you change how you anchored the film to the bottom of your VAT? Are you using the same material? Or did you get the self-adhesive version to try? I’m curious if the resin would loosen the adhesive backing?

• Printer
      February 9th, 2012 at 09:59 | #2

Hi Brian, the Teflon is stretched between the two sides and the teflon kind of clings to the glass, but it is made from plexi now, since it broke from the force needed to tilt it.
      We shall see what holds up better.

2. Meysam
    March 13th, 2012 at 23:17 | #3

Dear Printer
    Why you used Teflon Film (Please Explain)?
    without teflon film , this vat not works?

• Printer
      March 14th, 2012 at 15:58 | #4

Hi Meysam,
      The purpose of the teflon film is to separate the cured resin slice from the VAT bottom easier than it will come off the Glass Build Base at the top. Teflon is flexible and does not get damaged by the heat generated by the exothermic reaction when curing the resin with UV/VIS

3. Meysam
    March 15th, 2012 at 19:30 | #5

Teflon film make tarnish vat glass, right ? so this opalescent make problem ? decrease quality!!
    Where can I buy Teflon film ?
    What material can I use instead of Teflon film ?

• Printer
      March 15th, 2012 at 20:50 | #6

Teflon film does not damage the VAT. The resin directly on Polycarbonate – not recommended. Whereabouts are you in the world?
      For other materials you can join the Yahoo Group “diy_3d_printing_and_fabrication”.

4. Meysam
    March 19th, 2012 at 22:36 | #7

I have a request from you, please give me your email address.

• Printer
      March 20th, 2012 at 18:37 | #8

Hi Meysam, You can contact me through the services on the right sidebar (G+, Youtube ) or you can contact me via Yahoo Groups ( link listed in “Other 3D Printers”

Cheers!

5. Meysam
    March 20th, 2012 at 19:33 | #9

Teflon FEP Film has various thickness.
    How many thickness of Teflon FEP Film do you use?

6. Rochelle
    January 20th, 2013 at 15:46 | #10

Wonderful goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely excellent.
    I actually like what you’ve acquired here, certainly like what you’re saying and the way
    in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to
    keep it wise. I cant wait to read far more from you. This is actually a great web
    site.