Home > Build Base, Post Cure, Resin > New Video – 4 rings

February 19th, 2012

New video of the 4 rings platform:

1. Joachim
    February 21st, 2012 at 10:11 | #1

Hello,

very impressing result !

When you do the first layer , how big is the distance between Build Base and Vat ?

Joachim

• Printer
      February 22nd, 2012 at 00:12 | #2

Hi Joachim, 50-100 micron.

2. Olivier
    February 22nd, 2012 at 16:15 | #3

Hello Printer,

Nice job, I’m also building one and hopefully get good results :)
    Are you planing to release some info about the resin you use ?
    I have been visiting Dymax Office in Shenzhen ( China ) a few days ago, and should get some samples (visible light curable and low viscosity).
    I will also looking for cheaper alternative from chinese supplier… if this is of interest for you please let me know .

Best regards ,

Olivier

• Printer
      February 22nd, 2012 at 20:03 | #4

Hi Oliver, The Dymax is fine for POC ( Proof Of Concept ), but expensive for everyday use. I have posted about where the resin is from – just read ;-). Chemicals from China have to get through a lot more paperwork and certification when imported in the European Union, so for now I do not want to deal with it, but will keep you in mind.
      Thanks!

3. Joris
    February 22nd, 2012 at 23:01 | #5

Hi Printer,
    Could you give us an idea about price for the resin?

• Printer
      February 23rd, 2012 at 12:59 | #6

You can find the supplier of my resin HERE.

4. Olivier
    February 23rd, 2012 at 01:26 | #7

5. MikeJ
    February 23rd, 2012 at 07:50 | #8

And then there’s the One ring to rule them all…

6. Herri
    April 7th, 2012 at 06:57 | #9

@Olivier

hi Oliver, are u living in China? If yes, let us contact, i am living in Kunming. German Goldsmith and designer. I am preparing to build this machine.
    Herri
    heberlin (at) gmail.com

7. pete bochniak
    April 29th, 2012 at 06:20 | #10

Hello,
    I was wondering is the resolution better than the up or reprap? I am an engineer looking to build a three d printer. This seems like a whole different approach. I think that this is the way printing may be going. the resolution of the up 3 d printer is .2 i think. I must say this was a great video. very inspiring, Junior V. has been building i think something similar.
    Thanks for your time
    pete

• Printer
      April 29th, 2012 at 23:20 | #11

Hi Pete,
      The resolution is better – 0.041mm in X and Y and 0.025mm in Z. There are some ( Ultimaker ) FDM printers that are close to 0.025mm in Z, but there is still the matter of the marks from the extrusion of plastic. This can scale up or down as you require.

Cheers!
      Peter

8. Beppe
    November 2nd, 2012 at 02:21 | #12

Hi printer
    I amvery impressed about the way you print out so beautiful object … but please let me understand … which kind of printer are you using is it the Junior Veloso printer ?
    Where I can buy one ? or is it a opensource project so I can build by myself ?
    All the best
    Beppe

9. P. Zawistowski
    January 26th, 2013 at 05:00 | #14

Author, keep doing in the same way..!

1. No trackbacks yet.