Archive

Posts Tagged ‘DELTRON’

VAT-Tilt connection

November 29th, 2011 No comments

It is one of the least, but not last thing left to do. The VAT to Tilt to X axis connection.

This is going to be long. Time me if you want. Start:

Mark 7mm from each side  ( you can pick another number as long as it is a sacred one ).
Drill with M4 bit and a vacuum cleaner at this point to avoid getting chips in unwanted places and shortening something.

Assembled an L shape bracket with a bolt like so:

Cut 2 x M4 threaded rod pieces in 125mm lengths:

Assemble the rods and L shape into:

Bend the rods to be perpendicular to the Meccano piece:

Now attach the Meccano piece with some M5 Inbus:

I had to recenter my X- axis to be in the center of the rods.

Finally bolt together, tighten and adjust with top lock nuts.

 

Stop!
Phew! That was a fast one. Took me longer to stop and take photos, than to actually assemble.

Yamas!

 

Categories: VAT, X-Motion Tags: , , ,

Deltron and Meccano Marriage

November 29th, 2011 No comments

Deltron and Meccano must have had a marriage some time ago without us knowing.

 

See the following:

I wonder when was Deltron actually founded?!

 

Categories: X-Motion Tags: , ,

X-axis mounted

November 20th, 2011 No comments

As you know I’m using the DELTRON Linear LRS3-1. It is wider than the Bosch frame ( 40mm ) and it is not in the center of the printer. I have mounted it with only two of the 4 bolts.  Loosen the two nuts and slide the X axis extrusion straight down. Clamp you slide and mark, and drill your pilot holes. Drill with 4.5mm drill bit and tap with a 5mm thread. I used a 20mm Inbus to bolt it to the extrusion and fasten it to the frame.

 

Ok, I’ll do this  to save another post with corrections:

I replaced the motor that is in the above pictures with another I had on hand:

The reason being, that last night when I hooked up the stepper drivers it was underpowered and stalled after numerous attempts to tune the motors. Also after a brief period of correct tuning I tested  some macro in Mach3 and the motor got very hot, very quick. So it was not meant to be.

The new one performed perfectly right off the start.

 

 

Categories: X-Motion Tags: , , , , , ,